Welcome to Presbyterian Hospitality House
"Many things we need can wait. The child cannot. Now is the time his bones are being formed, his mind developed. To him we cannot say tomorrow, his name is today." Gabriela Mistral
Presbyterian Hospitality House works to correct the problems of Alaska’s troubled youth and families so that they may contribute to the social and financial well being of their community.
We accomplish our mission by:
- Operating seven family-style residential treatment centers in the Fairbanks area;
- Individualizing each youth's treatment plan;
- Providing community-based treatment by involvement with public schools, community agencies, civic groups, neighbors and state and city officials;
- Involving family members in the treatment process through family counseling, mediation and consultation;
- Helping youth achieve their goal of reunification with family members, whenever possible, transition to foster care, or emancipation.
For fifty years we've been working to provide "a brighter, safer future for Alaska's children." We invite you take a moment to discover some ways that you can be part of this vital effort… today!